Solved: Thunderbird Email Server Error
In some situations, while you are using Mozilla Thunderbird, you might come across some problems. They could be related to the Thunderbird email server error.
When you face issues while sending messages, the reason might be some connection problem with your SMTP server.
Let us now see how to troubleshoot your Thunderbird email server (in our case the SMTP server) error:
Checking The SMTP Email Settings:
- Step 1:First, log into the Mozilla Thunderbird account.
- Step 2:Next, navigate to Tools and then from the menu that appears, select the Account Settings option.
- Step 3:The Account Settings window will now display on your screen. In this window, choose the Outgoing Server (SMTP) option.
- Step 4:Now, check whether the mail server’s setting details are the same as in support.mozilla.org.
- Step 5:If you cannot find the user’s mail settings in the Mozilla support article, you need to locate the SMTP mail settings for that particular mail provider on the internet.
- Step 6:Now, you have to verify that the Thunderbird settings of the user are matching the documented ones.
Checking If The Correct SMTP Is Used:
For the successful delivery of your message, you need to utilize the correct SMTP. You can make use of the following steps to verify the same:
- Step 1: After logging into the Mozilla Thunderbird account, navigate to Tools.
- Step 2: From the menu that appears, select the Account Settings option.
- Step 3: Now, in the Account Settings window, click the email address.
- Step 4: Check the username and then the email address.
- Step 5: Ensure that the user is making use of the correct SMTP server for the email address.
Apart from the two methods described above, you can also try the following ones:
- Step 1: Checking whether the outgoing is blocked/not blocked
- Step 2: Deleting the SMTP password
- Step 3: Setting a new SMTP password
We have now looked into the Thunderbird email server error and also some methods to fix the same.