Guide: Transfer Windows Live Mail To Outlook
Windows Live Mail is a discontinued free email client app by Microsoft, while Microsoft Outlook is the latest email client app that is widely used. The latest computers do not support Windows Live Mail, so many users want to transfer their Live Mail email accounts to Microsoft Outlook. Outlook supports many features, and it has different versions such as 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, & 2019. You can transfer Windows Live Mail to Outlook on a new computer using the below methods.
Method 1: Manual Method
- Step 1:For this, you need to get the Windows Live Mail app and the Microsoft Outlook client on your new computer.
- Step 2:Configure your email account on the Outlook app.
- Step 4:Click the File tab and then choose Export.
- Step 5:Select the Email messages option from the list.
- Step 6:If you want to export contacts, select Export > Windows Contacts and follow the instructions.
- Step 7:Click Microsoft Exchange and then click the Next button.
- Step 8:When the message “All email will be exported to Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange” appears, click OK to continue.
- Step 9:Next, choose the folders you want to transfer and click OK.
- Step 10:Once the export process is complete, the confirmation window will appear.
- Step 11:Select Finish to close the window.
- Step 12:You can now see the folder having all the exported data on the Outlook app.
Method 2: Use a Third-Party Tool
- Step 1:Download and install a reliable Windows Live Mail PST converter tool on your computer.
- Step 2:Open the tool and search for the Windows Live Mail files, which are in the .EML format.
- Step 3:Covert these files to PST format and export them.
- Step 4:Now, save the PST files on a storage device and move them to the new computer.
- Step 5:Open the Outlook and drag the PST files to it.
- Step 6>Now, you have seen how to transfer Windows Live Mail to Outlook on a new computer.