Why Can’t Send Emails From Windows Live Mail?
One of the main reasons behind why can’t send emails from windows live mail is incorrect server settings. Quick troubleshooting steps to resolve this problem are given below.
Deleting The Unsent Email Messages
First, delete the unsent email message from the Windows Live Mail application’s Outbox folder.
- Step 1:Sometimes, the email message that you want to send is contradicted as spam.
- Step 2:To avoid this, compose a new text with a unique subject and a couple of lines of text message in the main body of the email.
- Step 3:Try to send this email message and check if you can send it to the recipient.
- Step 4:If the email message bounces back to you, either your message was blocked, or there is some other issue with your email.
Sending Pictures As Attached Files
- Step 1:If you see the 0X8007007A error code when you try to send an email with media in the body of the email, it means that the Windows Live Mail email client does not support sending any media attachments from OneDrive.
- Step 2:If this is the scenario, send the email message with the images/pictures as attached files.
- Step 1:Open the Windows Live Mail application on your computer.
- Step 2:Right-click your email account and select the Properties option from the context menu.
- Step 3:When the next window opens, click Advanced.
- Step 4:In the Server Settings section, type 465 in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) field.
- Step 5:Check if the ‘This server requires a secure connection (SSL)’ option has been selected.
- Step 6:Enter 995 (IMAP) or 993 (POP) in the Incoming mail field.
- Step 7:Make sure you have selected the ‘The server requires a secure connection (SSL)’ option in the Incoming mail section.
- Step 8:Click Servers, navigate to the Outgoing Mail Server section, and select the ‘My server requires authentication’ option.
- Step 9:Click Settings next to Outgoing mail server.
- Step 10:Select the radio button beside the ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’ option.
- Step 11:Click the OK option to save the altered server settings.
- Step 12:Try to send the email and check if the problem has been resolved. If you need a remote assistance to know why can’t send emails from windows live mail, click the Call button to contact our technical experts.