Fixed: Windows Live Mail not Working
Windows Live Mail is a discontinued desktop email client. The users of the Windows Live Mail app have reported many issues such as the app not responding, freezing, operation gets stuck, etc. If you are facing Windows Live Mail not working problem, continue reading the below solutions to fix it.
Solution-1: Start the Windows Live Mail as Admin
- Step 1:Navigate to the location of the Windows Live Mail folder in the C: drive.
- Step 2:Find the “wlmail.exe” file and right-click it. Then select Properties from the available options.
- Step 3:Now, click the Compatibility tab.
- Step 4:Tick the checkbox of Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- Step 5:Select a Windows version from the drop-down menu.
- Step 6:Following that, click the checkbox of Run this program as an administrator.
- Step 7:Click the OK button and confirm the action.
- Step 8:Restart the computer and see if the Live Mail app works normally.
Solution-2: Re-check the Account Configuration
- Step 1:Launch the Windows Live Mail app on the computer.
- Step 2:Click the Accounts tab.
- Step 3:Select E-mail. If you cannot find the Email menu, choose File > Options > Email Accounts.
- Step 4:Right-click the email account you have to configure.
- Step 5:Choose Properties from the list of options.
- Step 6:In the Properties window, click the Servers tab.
- Step 7:See if the email account type is correct.
- Step 8:Check if the Incoming and Outgoing mail server addresses are correct.
- Step 9:Under Incoming Mail Server, check the Email username and Password.
- Step 10:Click the Settings button under Outgoing Mail Server.
- Step 11:Make sure you are using the valid logon information for the Outgoing mail server and click OK.
- Step 12:Next, go to the Advanced panel.
- Step 13:Verify the Incoming and Outgoing mail servers port numbers and encryption types.
- Step 14:If all the server settings are correct, click OK.
Now we have seen how to fix Windows Live Mail not working issue.