Resolve: Windows 10 Mail App Emails Stuck in Outbox
Having Windows 10 Mail App emails stuck in Outbox is quite a common issue. Once you have an email compiled and you have also hit the send button, the mail may just stay in the outbox without moving to the Sent folder. We have some possible solutions to fix the issue in no time.
There can be a handful of reasons as to why the mail stays in your outbox, and to narrow down the reason, you need to see if you have received an error code while sending the email. Most likely, the error could be because of the communication error between the mail server.
Let us now go to the troubleshooting methods.
METHOD 1: SIGN OUT AND SIGN IN
- Step 1:It is one of the most straightforward ways.
- Step 2:Open the Mail app on your Windows 10 computer.
- Step 3:Click the Settings option at the bottom-left corner of the screen and then click Manage Accounts.
- Step 4:If you have multiple accounts, right-click on that particular account and then click the option Delete account from this device.
- Step 5:You can now restart your Windows 10 computer.
- Step 6:Open the Mail App. Select the Manage Accounts option and click the button + Add Account.
- Step 7:Enter the account credentials, and you will have added the account to Mail App.
- Step 8:Now, send a test mail and check if the issue has been resolved.
METHOD 2: RUN THE WINDOWS TROUBLESHOOTER
- Step 1: Windows Troubleshooter can be a lifesaver at times like this.
- Step 2: Open the Settings option on your Windows computer (Windows key + I).
- Step 3: The Settings window will open. Locate and click the Update & Security option.
- Step 4: Select the Troubleshoot option on the left pane of the screen.
- Step 5: Navigate to the bottom and expand the Microsoft Store Apps option.
- Step 6: Click Run the Troubleshooter option.
- Step 7: Check this Windows 10 Mail App emails stuck in Outbox issue resolved or not.
METHOD 3: RESET MAIL APP SETTINGS
- Step 1: Open the Settings window (Windows key + I).
- Step 2: Click the Apps option in the window.
- Step 3: In the Apps & features section, locate the Mail and Calendar app.
- Step 4: Click the Advanced Options button under Mail and Calendar and click the Reset button.
- Step 5: It will reset all your Mail App settings on your Windows 10 computer. This should solve the issue.
METHOD 4: FIREWALL SETTINGS
- Step 1: Click the Windows (Start) icon at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Type Allow in the search bar and click the option that reads Allow and app through Windows Firewall.
- Step 3: Click the Change Settings button at the top-right corner of the window and make sure you click the checkbox beside the Mail and Calendar option for both Private and Public.
- Step 4: Click the OK button to save changes.
METHOD 5: WINDOWS UPDATE
- Step 1: Windows Update will always download and install any new updates needed for your Windows 10 computer.
- Step 2: Press the shortcut keys (Windows key + I) to open Settings.
- Step 3: Click the Update & Security option on the Settings page.
- Step 4: In the Windows Update section, click the Check for Updates button.
- Step 5: Install the available Windows updates, update the mail app, and check if the Windows 10 Mail App emails stuck in Outbox issue has been resolved.