Fix Windows Live Mail Error ID 0x800ccc0e
The Windows Live Mail Error ID 0x800ccc0e indicates that the connection to the server has been timed out. This particular error occurs when you are trying to access the websites. There are many reasons for the time out, but it is usually the port and the settings that will be causing the error code.
You will get the following message:
‘Unable to send or receive messages for the (account name). Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.’
It also comes in the form of Socket Error: 10060.
We will now be looking at some troubleshooting methods in order to resolve the Windows Live Mail Error Code 0x800CCC0E.
Method 1: Close Unwanted Programs
- Conflicting programs that are running simultaneously along with Windows Live Mail can cause this error.
- Open the Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del).
- You will now see a list of programs that are running on your computer.
- Click on the program you want to close and then click the End Task button.
- Perform the same steps for the other applications you want to close and then close the Task Manager.
- Restart Windows Live Mail and you will be relieved from the error. Proceed to the next step if this method did not resolve the Windows Live Mail error ID 0x800ccc0e issue.
Method 2: Update & Re-Install Conflicting Programs
- Click the Windows icon at the bottom left corner of the desktop screen.
- In the search bar, enter 'Control Panel' and press the Enter button.
- The Control Panel window will open.
- Click the Programs and Features option on the left pane of the Control Panel. Now, the list of programs installed on your computer will appear on the screen.
- Perform a right-click on the unsecured or conflicting programs and click the Uninstall button.
- The program will be removed.
- Restart your computer and open Windows Live Mail to see if you are relieved from the error.
Method 3: Disk Cleanup
- Follow the "Disk Cleanup" method to fix the Windows Live Mail Error ID 0x800ccc0e.
- Having lots of junk stored on your computer can lead to all sorts of issues. This can be cleared by performing disk cleanup.
- Click the Windows icon.
- Enter 'Disk Cleanup' in the search bar and press the Enter button.
- You can select the drive and then choose the files you want to remove.
- Click the OK button and then click Delete Files.
- Now, you will be resolved from the Error code 0x800CCC0E.
Method 4: Windows Update
- Click the Windows icon and click the Settings option from the list.
- Select the option Update & Settings on the left pane and navigate to the Windows Update section.
- Click the Check for Updates button and update your OS.
Method 5: Re-Install Graphics Driver
- Enter 'Device Manager' in the search bar and press the Enter button.
- The Device Manager window will open.
- Navigate to the Graphic driver section, locate and perform a right-click on the graphic driver, and select the Uninstall device option.
- Restart the computer and the OS will automatically install the graphic driver with the updated version.
Now, you will be relieved from the Windows Live Mail Error ID 0x800ccc0e.