How To Fix Windows Live Mail Error Id 0x800ccc78?
If you see the Windows live mail error Id 0x800ccc78 while sending an email message from the Windows Live Mail client, it is mainly due to the incorrect server settings. Carry out the following troubleshooting steps to resolve this problem.
Method 1 - Modifying the Server Settings
Launch Windows Live Mail 2011 on your computer.
- Click the Accounts tab.
- Select your email account from the left panel and click Properties.
- Navigate to the Servers tab.
- Check if you have chosen the correct account type from the ‘My incoming mail server’ drop-down menu.
- Both the Incoming mail and Outgoing mail (SMTP) fields must be filled with the correct server names.
- Also, make sure your account’s email address and password are entered correctly in the Email username and Password fields, respectively.
- Navigate to the Outgoing Mail Server section. Here, the checkbox beside the ‘My server requires authentication’ option must be selected.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Enter the correct port numbers in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) and Incoming mail fields.
- Click OK to save the altered server settings.
- Check if the Windows live mail error Id 0x800ccc78 has been resolved. If it persists, go to the next method.
Method 2 - Repair tool
- Download Windows Repair Tool from the manufacturer website.
- Save the downloaded file in the computer’s Desktop.
- Begin the installation by double-clicking the downloaded file.
- If prompted for permission, select the Yes option.
- Deselect the checkbox next to the ‘Allow the repair tool to start an automatic scan’ option and click the Install button.
- When the installation of the tool is done, it begins to perform a preliminary scan.
- Once done with scanning, the tool displays the issue detected with the email client application.
- Click the Start Repair button on your device.
- Restart your computer to finish this repair process after resolve the Windows live mail error Id 0x800ccc78.