Rectify Windows Live Mail Error Id 0x800ccc92
The Windows Live Mail error id 0x800CCC92 on your Windows computer indicates that the mail server cannot recognize your email address. This error occurs when there is a poor connection between the email account and the mail server. To fix this error, follow the below-mentioned steps.
Solution 1: Reset Your Account's Password
- Step 1:Before resetting your account's password, check whether the mail server is working properly.
- Step 2:Access the login portal of your email account in the webmail.
- Step 3:If you are prompted to enter your account password, click on the 'Can't access your account?' link and select the I've forgotten my password option.
- Step 4:Click Next and confirm the captcha to proceed with the new password creation.
Solution 2: Run The System File Checker Tool
- Step 1:On your Windows computer, click the Start menu available at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Step 2:Type 'cmd' in the search panel and hit the Enter key.
- Step 3:From the search result, right-click the Command Prompt app and select the Run as administrator option.
- Step 4:If the User Account Control window pops-up, click the Yes button to allow the app to make changes to your computer.
- Step 5:In the Command Prompt window, type 'sfc /scannow' and press the Enter key.
- Step 6:This will run System File Checker. It will scan your computer for malicious programs.
- Step 7:If everything is OK, close the Command Prompt window and move on to the next solution to resolve Windows Live Mail error id 0x800CCC92.
Solution 3: Repair Windows Essentials 2012
- Step 1:Launch the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R shortcut key.
- Step 2:Type 'control' in the text field and press the Enter key to launch the Control Panel app.
- Step 3:In the Control Panel window, click the Programs and Features tab.
- Step 4:In the pop-up window, locate the Windows Essentials 2012 program from the displayed list.
- Step 5:Give a right-click on it and select the Uninstall/Change option.
- Step 6:On the Uninstall or repair Windows Essentials programs screen, select the Repair all Windows Essentials programs option.
- Step 7:Wait until the Windows Essentials 2012 is repaired.
- Step 8:Once completed, you will receive a confirmation message.
- Step 9:Click the Close button and check if the Windows Live Mail error 0x800CCC92 has been resolved.
- Step 10:If the Windows Live Mail error id 0x800CCC92 still persists, remove and reconfigure the account settings manually.