Yahoo Mail SMTP Settings - Setup Solution
Yahoo Mail is a leading email service provider. It offers various SMTP servers for users to add their accounts to the desktop email clients or mobile phones. The Yahoo Mail SMTP settings includes the following.
Outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Username: Yahoo email address
Password: Yahoo email account password
Server port number: 465
Server type: SSL
You need these settings to configure your email client as POP or IMAP in the email client. Keep reading the instructions below to know how to set up your Yahoo email account in Outlook 2016 with SMTP settings.
- Step 1:Launch a browser application on your computer and go to the official Yahoo Mail sign-in page.
- Step 2:Sign in to your Yahoo email account using the correct login credentials to set Yahoo Mail SMTP settings.
- Step 3:Navigate to Account Info and select Account Security from the left-side panel.
- Step 4:Toggle on the Allow apps that use less secure sign in slider button.
- Step 5:If necessary, you can enable Two-step verification instead of allowing less secure apps to sign in. But you have to enter the password provided for Two-step verification to authenticate your account in the Outlook app.
- Step 6:Save the settings on your Yahoo Mail and close the browser window.
Configure Yahoo SMTP Settings In Outlook 2016 App:
- Step 1:Start by launching the Outlook app by double-clicking its shortcut icon on the desktop.
- Step 2:In the Outlook window, click the File tab and select the Info category from the left-side panel for Yahoo Mail SMTP settings.
- Step 3:Next, click Add Account and select the Manual setup or additional server types option.
- Step 4:Click the Next button and choose the POP or IMAP option.
- Step 5:Below User Information, enter your name in the Your Name field. This name will be shown to your email recipients for identification.
- Step 6:Next, enter your Yahoo email address in the Email Address field.
- Step 7:Under the Server Information section, choose either POP or IMAP as your account type.
- Step 8:Input the incoming mail server name in the Incoming mail server field.
- Step 9:Type smtp.mail.yahoo.com in the Outgoing mail server field to setup Yahoo Mail SMTP settings.
- Step 10:In the Logon Information section, enter your Yahoo email address and password.
- Step 11:Click on More Settings to open the Internet Email Settings window.
- Step 12:In the Outgoing Server tab, select the checkbox to authenticate your email account and enable the radio button to use the same settings as your incoming mail server.
- Step 13:Go to the Advanced tab and enter the server port numbers and security type for the incoming and outgoing mail servers.
- Step 14:Click OK and select Test Account Settings to verify the configured Yahoo SMTP settings.
- Step 15:Once the verification is complete, click Next and select Finish to complete the account setup for Yahoo Mail SMTP settings.