How To Access Yahoo Mail With Outlook?
Accessing Yahoo Mail has become easier nowadays. You can use your Yahoo email account in the desktop email clients, smartphone email apps, and the Yahoo Mail app. To know how to access your Yahoo mail with Outlook 2016, follow the steps given below.
- Step 1: On your Windows computer, launch the default browser and go to the official Yahoo sign-in page.
- Step 2: Log in to your Yahoo email account using your login credentials such as Yahoo Mail ID and password.
- Step 3: Click your profile name at the top-right corner and select the Account Info option.
- Step 4: Click the Account Security tab from the left-side panel.
- Step 5: Toggle on the Allow apps that use less secure sign in button.
- Step 6: Save the settings before logging out from your Yahoo Mail account.
Steps To Manually Set Up Yahoo Mail With Outlook 2016:
- step 1: Launch the Outlook app on your computer by double-clicking its shortcut icon on the desktop.
- step 2: In the Outlook app, click the File tab at the top-left corner.
- step 3: Select the Info option from the left-side panel.
- step 4: Click Add Account below Account Information.
- step 5: On the Auto Account Setup screen, select the Manual setup or additional server types option and click Next.
- step 6: Choose the POP or IMAP option and click Next.
- step 7: On the POP and IMAP Account Settings screen, you have to input your account details in the User Information, Server Information, and Logon Information sections to access Yahoo mail with Outlook 2016.
- step 8: Under the User Information section, input a name for your email account in the Your Name field.
- step 9: Enter your Yahoo email address in the Email Address field.
- step 10: In the Server Information section, click the drop-down menu next to Account type and select the IMAP option.
- step 11: Enter ‘imap.mail.yahoo.com’ in the Incoming mail server field. Similarly, enter ‘smtp.mail.yahoo.com’ in the Outgoing mail server field.
- step 12: Under Logon Information, enter the email address and password of your Yahoo email account.
- step 13: Click More Settings to open the Internet Email Settings window to access Yahoo mail with Outlook 2016.
- step 14: In the Outgoing Server tab, select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox.
- step 15: Also, select the Use same settings as my incoming mail server option.
- step 16: In the Advanced tab, enter 993 as the incoming mail server port.
- step 17: Input 465 as the outgoing mail server port.
- step 18: Choose SSL as the security type for both incoming and outgoing mail servers and click OK.
- step 19: Click the Test Account Settings button to verify the configured email server settings.
- step 20: Once the verification is complete, click Next –> Finish.
You can now access your Yahoo Mail with Outlook.